Quality Academics and Christian Character Development
Why a Christian Private School?
In order to carry out the command of Jesus, “Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you…” (Matthew 28:20), in 1961 the members of Pilgrim Lutheran Church of Chula Vista established Pilgrim Lutheran School. On September 9, 1963 the doors were opened, and the school began for students in Kindergarten and grades 1 and 2.
We are currently blessed to serve families with students in grades preschool to eighth grade.
How does Pilgrim Lutheran School Serve Its Families?
- Sharing the love of Jesus with each and every child
- opportunity to be a part of weekly chapel services and fun worship opportunities
- offering a safe and caring environment for students
- present students with the opportunity to build their character in a Christian environment
- providing learning opportunities with carefully selected curriculum meeting state standards
- providing a small teacher to student ratio, allowing time for individual instruction and innovative lesson planning
- sharing Christ’s love through the example of qualified, caring, and dedicated teachers
- blessing students with the opportunity to sing in choirs (K-8), join extra curricular activities , and play in sports (4-8)
- giving students a chance to be part of a learning environment that acts and functions as a family in Christ